Summer HVAC maintenance is essential to keep your cooling system running effectively and efficiently when the heat sets in. For the most part, modern air conditioning systems are “set it and forget it,” especially with smart home options or a programmable thermostat. Still, any complex machinery requires some upkeep if you care about performance and longevity.
Licensed professionals, like our team at Top Notch Heating, Cooling & Plumbing, should handle most air conditioning maintenance on an annual maintenance visit. Your do-it-yourself AC maintenance simply involves changing your AC filter between our visits and calling us if you notice any problems with your cooling system. Here’s our HVAC maintenance checklist for your home in Lenexa or Kansas City.
Professional Cooling System Maintenance Checklist
Here’s how we keep your AC in great shape for decades. Expert air conditioner maintenance from Top Notch Heating, Cooling & Plumbing includes:
- Verifying that the cooling system is working correctly and safely.
- Examining moving and wear-and-tear parts, including condenser belts, motors, and fans.
- Lubricating and adjusting components for best performance.
- Recommending replacement for worn belts or other parts when needed. (We perform these repairs immediately with your permission.)
- Checking AC refrigerant pressure. If it’s low, we look for leaks.
- Cleaning outdoor cooling coil and condenser.
- Cleaning the evaporator coil as needed. This may be done every three to five years as a stand-alone service.
- Checking the condensation drain/pump for blockage, leaks, or corrosion.
- Inspecting electrical components and tightening connections.
- Calibrating the thermostat.
- Verifying sufficient airflow.
- Changing your AC air filter.
- And more!
Why Is AC Maintenance Important?
Much like a neglected car, your hardworking AC system can break down without proper care. Complex moving parts and electrical components require specialized knowledge for effective repairs, safety, and in-depth maintenance. Lubrication and cleaning are necessary to protect the machinery from grinding to a halt. Adjustments may be needed to optimize fuel use. Moving parts need to be replaced before they fail completely and cause catastrophic damage, “totaling” your not-so-well-oiled machine. Maintenance from Top Notch service technicians keeps your AC running smoothly for years to come, no matter how hot the weather gets.
What Are the Benefits of HVAC Maintenance?
System longevity (see above) may be the number one advantage of proper and timely HVAC maintenance, but there’s more:
- Saving money: Proper annual AC maintenance saves you money on summer utility bills.
- Ensuring home comfort: Regular HVAC maintenance means you may never have an interruption in the cool comfort of your home, and it will always be a welcoming space for family and guests.
- Avoiding expensive repairs: Our AC maintenance service can keep you from spending money on service calls and major repairs.
- Preventing AC breakdowns and inconvenience: You can avoid emergency AC repair calls, disruption of your family’s schedule, and the discomfort of enduring the heat until repairs are completed.
- Complying with manufacturer’s warranty: Most warranties prohibit major user maintenance and doing so can void the warranty.
- Delaying AC replacement: The best way to extend the life of your home’s HVAC system is to keep it “tuned up” with professional maintenance.
Contact Us for AC Maintenance in Lenexa, KS & the Surrounding Areas
At Top Notch, we offer convenient HVAC maintenance plans with discounted parts and labor to fit your needs and budget. Our certified maintenance technicians ensure that your system is running at peak efficiency to avoid energy waste and lower your household energy costs while keeping your home completely comfortable. No one wants to buy a new AC system before it’s truly necessary, and with proper AC maintenance, you won’t have to.
If you’re due (or overdue) for AC maintenance, contact Top Notch today for a cooler tomorrow!