Kansas City Humidifier Services
If you constantly complain about the dry air in your home during Kansas and Missouri’s harsh winters, there is actually something you can do about it—install a humidifier in your house! Humidifiers—especially whole-house humidifiers—help put back moisture into the air that is lost from the cold temperatures outside and furnace-heated air inside.
If you need humidifier services in the Kansas City area, call Top Notch Heating, Cooling & Plumbing today! Our team provides top-notch service to homes in Lenexa, Overland Park, Westwood, and more! We have over 40 years providing heating, cooling, and indoor air quality comfort to your neighbors.
Whole-House Humidifier Installation
When the winter cold hits the Kansas City area, you have to deal with snow, ice, and brutally cold air temperatures. If that wasn’t enough, the freezing weather also prompts the stale, dry air in your home when you turn your furnace on. Between dry skin, chapped lips, and cracking floors and furniture, it seems like you can’t catch a break (even in the warmth of your home!). So what can you do about it?
The colder temperatures outside and furnace-heated air inside lead to a severe lack of moisture in the air—the same moisture that makes spring air so nice and comfortable. Fortunately, it’s extremely easy to get that back and raise your home’s humidity level! Before you turn on your furnace this coming winter, call Top Notch and ask about whole home humidifier installation your Kansas City home. Humidifiers can do much more than make you more comfortable in the winter—they can also keep you healthier and help your furnace run more efficiently!
A whole-house humidifier is installed by connecting it to your HVAC system so that the entire home can feel the benefits of higher humidity levels. Humidity is the amount of moisture in the air, and dry air from a furnace is what causes chapped lips, static electricity, and dry and flaky skin. Adding moisture to the air during the winter by installing a whole-home humidifier can create humid air in your home. Just like when it’s humid outside, the air will feel warmer in your home, so you may even set the thermostat a little lower, which can help you save money.
Types of Humidifiers
There are a number of different types of humidifiers you can install in your KS or MO home to make it more comfortable this winter:
- Steam humidifiers
- Flow through (bypass) humidifiers
- Wicking humidifiers
Benefits of Whole-House Humidifier Installation in Kansas City
Still not sure if a home humidifier is the right option for your Lenexa home? The benefits impact your entire family, including:
- Improved Health. Viruses thrive in low-humidity environments. When your home’s humidity level is too low, it can cause your sinuses to dry out which can make you sneeze more. Don’t increase your chance of catching a preventable illness.
- Increased Comfort. Over-dry air can aggravate asthma and allergy symptoms, which often leads to dry nasal passages, sore throats, and cracked, itchy skin. Minimize your family’s discomfort and increase health in your home.
- Home Preservation. When you buy a home, you want everything in it to last as long as possible. Dry air can damage many things in a home, but using a humidifier is an easy way increase indoor humidity levels and limit damage to items in your home, including hardwood floors, paint, furniture, artwork, musical instruments, and electronics.
- Energy Savings: With a humidifier installed in your home, the humidity levels in your home will rise, which will make your home feel warmer. You can save money by not needing to set the thermostat as high.
If you’re tired of dry winter air and the static electricity, dry skin, and warping wood that comes with it, improve your Kansas City home’s all-around comfort with a whole home humidifier!
Kansas City Humidifier Inspection & Repair
As comfortable as a good humidifier can make your home during the winter, you may be surprised at how simple they are. Not a lot can go wrong with your humidifier, so inspections and repairs are generally pretty simple. Usually, humidifier repair is required for dirty or damaged filters or faulty electrical equipment. Occasionally, certain things like the humidistat, float controls, or fan can be faulty.
Like with any heating and cooling system, it’s important to schedule a service call with a professional HVAC company. Top Notch has been inspecting and repairing humidifiers (and furnaces, too!) in the Kansas City area for over 40 years. If you suspect your humidifier isn’t working as efficiently as possible to add moisture back into your home, contact us today to schedule repairs!
Humidifier Replacement in Lenexa, KS
While whole home humidifiers are pretty reliable in general, you may need to replace your humidifier one day. Instead of letting it sit dormant once it’s time for a replacement, call the expert technicians at Top Notch to replace your old system and install a new, more efficient, humidifier that will work better at adding moisture back into the dried and heated air.
If you think your humidifier is on its last leg, you can be on the lookout for some warning signs that it’s time for a humidifier replacement in your Kansas City home:
- Your indoor air is more moist than normal
- You can see or smell mold or mildew
- Your humidifier is not getting any water
- Your humidifier is getting too much water
- The wick or sponge pad on your humidifier is clogged or hardened
- The metal grille is caked with mineral deposits
If you notice any of these warning signs, call Top Notch! We can come out and inspect your humidifier to determine if you need a humidifier replacement or any other type of humidifier service.
Whole-House Humidifier Installation, Replacement, & Repair in the Kansas City Area
Installing a whole-house humidifier can save you money and improve the overall comfort level of your home. Added health benefits make installing a whole-house humidifier a no-brainer. If you want to improve the overall comfort of your Kansas City home by using a humidifier, please contact us today. Top Notch Heating, Cooling & Plumbing can install a humidifier for your home, protecting you and your family from the harmful effects of cold, winter air.
If you live in Kansas City or Lenexa and need any humidifier services—including installation, inspection, repair, or replacement—call Top Notch Heating, Cooling & Plumbing today at 913-535-8002!