Top-Rated Furnace Maintenance in Kansas City
On average, residential furnaces run 1,200 hours a year! Over time, that puts a lot of stress on your system. That’s where having an annual furnace maintenance check comes in. If you’ve ever been stuck in a freezing house with a broken furnace, then you know just how important it is to keep your furnace running in peak condition all winter long! With a scheduled plan in place, you can rest easy at night knowing your Kansas City furnace and heating system will always be running its best!
To schedule your furnace maintenance services in Kansas City, call Top Notch today at 913-535-8002! You will learn what a professional inspection entails and the many benefits of making a furnace inspection an annual priority.
Local Heating Maintenance & Inspections in KC
You can perform small heating maintenance tasks yourself throughout the heating season—such as changing the filter and keeping air registers clean and unobstructed. However, for most preventative maintenance, you need a professional with special training and years of experience. Our reliable, certified service technicians at Top Notch Heating Cooling & Plumbing will:
- Check Your Thermostat: Most homeowners think their thermostat is a simple piece of equipment, but without the thermostat, your furnace would not operate. The service tech verifies proper calibration and makes sure all connections are working properly.
- Inspect Electrical Terminals: If needed, the technician tightens connections and adds a nonconductive coating.
- Check The Condensate Drain: If you have a high-efficiency condensing furnace unit, it generates condensation, which drains into a pan and out through a pipe. Algae or mildew can block the drain and cause the pan to overflow, potentially causing water damage. Your Top Notch technician will check for blockages and clear them if needed.
- Verify Proper System Operation: The start and shutoff cycles should occur in a particular way, and if anything is out of sorts, your technician will make corrections for safe and proper operation.
- Clean The Blower: This will help to remove dust and dirt that tends to get stuck on the blower and mess up its cycle. You will want a clean blower to ensure proper airflow.
- Inspect The Heat Exchanger And Burner Combustion: A cracked heat exchanger could leak carbon monoxide into your home which can cause health problems and even death.
- Check Gas Pressure And Fuel Connections: To prevent a fire hazard and safeguard your family, the technician checks these areas to ensure tight fuel connections and appropriate gas pressure.
Benefits of Annual Furnace Tune-Ups in Kansas City, Overland Park & The KC Metro
Furnace maintenance is just as important as vehicular maintenance and tune-ups. You wouldn’t drive your car for years without an oil change and you should treat your HVAC system the same. Your annual heating system tune-up doesn’t just give you peace of mind, but can also prevent major issues from occurring which can lead to costly repairs later. Consider what a difference it can make to have a well-maintained furnace heating your Kansas City Metro or Johnson County home:
- Lower Energy Costs: Heating costs make up about half of your utility bill in the winter. By keeping things clean and in good working condition, the furnace is more efficient and consumes less energy while producing the same amount of heat, lowering your bills without decreasing comfort.
- Smaller Environmental Impact: In addition to money savings, using less energy is also good for our environment. Any time you cut back on the amount of fuel you consume, you decrease greenhouse gas emissions and help secure a cleaner Earth for future generations.
- Extended Equipment Life: If your furnace is regularly maintained, it will last longer than the average heating system unit and even help to save you money over time so you won’t have to install a new furnace quite as soon.
- Fewer Midseason Breakdowns: When your furnace is inspected and maintained regularly, our technicians can spot smaller furnace repair problems before they become larger, more expensive heating repair problems like a complete breakdown. During your routine maintenance appointment, our team of technicians can make furnace repairs to prevent major issues from occurring on the coldest night of winter.
- Safer Operation: Combustion appliances have inherent dangers to them, such as gas leaks and carbon monoxide exposure. Regular preventative maintenance puts your mind at ease knowing your heating system passes inspection.
- Warranty: Many furnaces come with a warranty that requires the homeowner to stay up-to-date on heating tune up services to remain valid. If you fall too far behind on maintenance, your warranty could become invalid, which will make future furnace repair services much more expensive.
Sign Up For The VIP Priority Club
Now that you understand how furnace maintenance services can help avoid the need for an unexpected heating repair, you might want to make a point to stay on-top of tune-ups. Top Notch can help with our maintenance program.
The VIP Priority Club takes the stress off of you by keeping track of your heating system maintenance. We contact you when your system’s maintenance is due and create an appointment around your schedule. Membership also has other benefits like discounts on parts, labor, and equipment. We also provide a 1-year repair warranty and priority service for emergency heating and cooling repair work at your Kansas City home. Contact Top Notch today to sign up!
Schedule Your Furnace Maintenance Check Today with Top Notch!
To enjoy the many benefits of furnace maintenance, make sure you schedule your inspection and tune-up at least once a year. For even more benefits, such as free Kansas City furnace repairs, discounts, and routine inspections, sign up for one of our VIP maintenance agreement plans!
Contact us online or give us a call at 913-535-8002 to learn more about our Kansas City Furnace Tune-Ups and Furnace Maintenance!