It’s commonly known that a programmable thermostat can save you money on your monthly energy bills—long gone are the days of wasted energy while no one is home or coming home to a freezing house after a long day at work. But did you know that programming your thermostat can be made even easier and more effective by controlling your thermostat from your smartphone, computer, iPad, or tablet?
With a programmable thermostat installation in your Kansas City home (including Overland Park, Olathe, Lenexa, and Mission Hills), you can control the temperature from anywhere in the world!
Benefits of Mobile Controls for Programmable Thermostats
Installing a programmable thermostat and linking it to your mobile device or tablet gives you:
- Remote access to control your thermostat no matter where you are
- Free mobile apps from leading manufacturers like Honeywell and Lennox
- Alerts of unusually high or low temperatures
- Reminders when it’s time for air filter replacements
- Vacation settings for when you are out of town
- Display customization
- Complete compatibility with almost any system
- Weather alerts for your Kansas City area neighborhood
- And more!
Tips for Setting Your Programmable Thermostat from Your Mobile Device
Since you’re able to set your programmable thermostat on the go, the experts at Top Notch have many helpful hints that allow you to reap the most benefits from your programmable thermostat installation even more.
Whether you live in Overland Park or across I-35 in Olathe, after a professional HVAC technician has visited your home and installed your programmable thermostat, you should:
- Avoid adjusting the thermostat too often – aim for a maximum of four settings: (1) early morning when you’re getting ready, (2) when your home is empty, (3) when everyone is home, and (4) when everyone is asleep. Think of implementing a 5-2 schedule. That means that your thermostat has a consistent program to follow during the five weekdays and then another set program for the two weekend days.
- Stop drastic temperature changes – if your home is too hot or too cold when you get home, don’t try to crank the thermostat up or down to heat or cool your home faster. The set temperature on your programmable thermostat doesn’t affect the rate of heating or cooling. This can also be avoided by programming your thermostat to begin heating or cooling your home 30 minutes before your arrival. Open the app on your iPhone before you start your commute to arrive at a perfectly comfortable home.
- Ensure the thermostat is installed on an interior wall – this will help make sure that direct sunlight from doorways or windows doesn’t cause your thermostat to register the wrong temperature. Keep the thermostat away from vents and entry ways that could skew the temperature it reads.
Save Money with a Programmable Thermostat Installation in Kansas City
If you’re looking for the easiest way to improve your heating and air conditioning efficiency in the Kansas City area, call Top Notch Heating, Cooling & Plumbing! Our HVAC technicians can install an energy efficient programmable thermostat in your home and set you up with the mobile app to help you start saving money today while on the go!