Is Your Air Conditioner Ready for the Summer?
Summer’s coming – is your air conditioner ready for the season ahead? If this winter was any indication, it’s probably going to be a hot summer, so it’s the best time to have your air conditioner inspected by a top Kansas City HVAC company. Having your air conditioner inspected is one of the most important things you can do to ensure your system runs smoothly all summer long. In fact, air conditioner inspection may be one of the best things you can do for your HVAC system!
Why should you schedule air conditioner inspection?
Everyone has a story about their air conditioner breaking down, and everyone can agree – it’s no fun! But if you try to switch your air conditioner on without having it professionally inspected after it’s been sitting idle all winter, you’re likely asking for trouble. During an air conditioner inspection, your Top Notch Heating, Cooling & Plumbing technician will take care of all the potential problem areas of your AC, including:
- Cleaning the outdoor condensers and indoor evaporator coils
- Checking the refrigerant level
- Inspecting the indoor and outdoor drain pans and condensate drains
- Checking the outdoor fan blades and indoor blower
- Checking the compressor and the refrigerant tubing
- Lubricating all moving parts (on older AC units)
- Inspecting all electrical controls, wiring and connection
- Running a general air conditioner test
- Checking the ductwork for leaks or other issues
What can you do to keep your AC running smoothly?
In addition to having your air conditioner inspected, there are a number of things you can do to make sure your air conditioner stays in good shape all summer long. The most important things you can do are:
- Clean or replace dirty air filters monthly – dirty air filters are the number one cause of slow airflow for most air conditioners. If left long enough, dirty air filters can get so bad that they can cause your evaporator coil to ice up! Change your air filters once a month to keep your air flowing as smoothly as possible.
- Keep your condenser unit clear – your outdoor air conditioner compressor draws air in from around it, which it moves through your system and blows into your house as cool air. Needless to say, the compressor needs easy airflow! Cut back any trees or shrubs around your air conditioner compressor so you have at least two feet of space around all sides.
When is the best time to schedule air conditioner maintenance?
The best time to schedule air conditioner maintenance in Kansas City is NOW – early spring, before the summer heat really starts to kick in. If you wait until the middle of the summer, you’ll be at the bottom of the list as a thousand other people around the Kansas City area scramble to get their air conditioners serviced at the same time. Remember – preventative air conditioner maintenance is always better than air conditioner repair or replacement! Contact us to schedule your tune-up today »
Learn more about our air conditioner maintenance service in Kansas City »
Tell Us How We Can Help Schedule Service Today!
Check Out Our Special
Offers & Coupons
Manufacturers We Carry