Air Duct Cleaning in Kansas City
Breathe easier—get a routine air duct cleaning.
Why get an air duct cleaning in Kansas City? Increasingly, concerns about indoor air quality have been growing throughout Jackson and Johnson County. When your air ducts are polluted with dust, mold, bacteria, fungi, and more, your allergy, asthma, and sinus conditions may worsen—especially during the summer and winter when your air conditioner or heater is running full blast throughout the day.
If you’re looking for residential air duct cleaning, call Top Notch Heating & Cooling! Our duct cleaning specialists can examine your ductwork and clean out all the dust and contaminates that could blow into your home so you won’t have to worry about excess mold and bacteria, unpleasant odors, or increased utility bills from decreased air flow.
Contact Top Notch Heating, Cooling & Plumbing to schedule a residential duct cleaning in Kansas City and the surrounding areas!
Benefits of Air Duct Cleanings
Scheduling an air duct cleaning for your home provides a variety of benefits for you and your family. These advantages include:
- Health benefits– Studies by the EPA have shown that indoor air quality can be anywhere from 2 to 100 times worse than the outdoor air quality. Regular air duct cleaning can help remove airborne contaminates such as mold, bacteria, fungus, pet dander and pollen from your home, providing relief for people with allergies or asthma and allowing everyone to breathe cleaner air.
- Extended the life of your HVAC units– Did you know that 9 out of 10 air conditioner or heating system failures are caused by the accumulation of dirt and dust. Dirt and dust coming from the ducts can build up on all interior surfaces in your air conditioner, reducing the efficiency of the blower fan and preventing it from keeping the heat exchanger cool. This can lead to cracks in the heat exchanger which can potentially destroy your whole system. Having clean air ducts can help eliminate overheating problems and keep your HVAC system safe for years to come.
- Energy savings– The EPA estimates that a buildup of less than half an inch of dust on the heating coil can reduce the overall efficiency of your HVAC system by 20% or more. Having regular air duct cleaning will reduce the amount of dust and dirt in your system and help it maintain its normal efficiency levels.
- Less dust inside your home– Think about it: less dust in your air ducts means less dust blowing into your home and settling on your furniture! Air duct cleaning can help keep the dust levels in your home under control – a huge benefit to people with allergies and an even bigger benefit to whoever does the dusting!
Don’t pass up on these benefits! Just think—your home could be cleaner, your family could be healthier, and your monthly bills can be reduced! Contact us today to learn more.
Why Schedule Air Duct Cleaning?
Cleaning your air ducts will also improve your home’s overall air quality. According to the National Air Duct Cleaners Association, (NADCA) the typical six-room home can create up to 40 pounds of dust a year. Think of your heating and cooling system as “the lungs” of your home, do you want to be breathing in all of that debris? There are many additional reasons to clean the air ducts of your Kansas City area home, including:
- There is visible mold growth inside your ducts or other components of your HVAC system
- There are excessive amounts of dust and debris in your home, which can be triggered from smokers in the home, pets that shed, recent renovations and more
- People in your home or office have allergies or asthma
- There has been recent water damage in the home
Watch Out for These Air Duct Cleaning Scams!
The most important thing you can do when you sign up for air duct cleaning is to make sure you go with a company you trust. Every day, ads for super cheap air duct cleaning services fill newspapers in Kansas City and around the country. Unfortunately, many of these ads are the work of scammers who will try to con you – potentially out of hundreds of dollars. Many of these air duct cleaning scams have similar qualities:
- They advertise air duct cleaning at unreasonably low rates – around $50 for a whole house
- They advertise with exaggerated claims about the health benefit and environmental benefits of air duct cleaning
- They claim to be “EPA Certified”
Basically, avoid any advertisement that sounds too good to be true—it probably is. Instead of hiring one of these fly-by-night air duct cleaners, go with the company you trust—call Top Notch Heating, Cooling & Plumbing!
Residential Duct Cleaning Services in the Kansas City Area
Air duct cleaning removes all air born dust and debris from the ducting systems of HVAC units, and it’s something you’ll want to consider if asthma or allergies have been a problem in your Kansas City home. In order to improve your HVAC system’s efficiency, a thorough air duct cleaning is necessary. If you think your home may benefit from air duct cleaning, but you are unsure, talk to a professional. Top Notch Heating, Cooling & Plumbing can provide knowledgeable and professional advice about air duct cleaning in the Kansas City area.
To schedule a consultation in the Kansas City area, contact us online or call (913) 535-8002 today!