If you are feeling cold in your home even though your thermostat is set to its usual temperature your furnace may be telling you that it is time for furnace repair. Quite often we won’t realize our furnace is in need of repairs until it breaks and can no longer heat our house to a comfortable level. This can become a problem as not only will your home be incredibly uncomfortable but you may also end up with frozen pipes that burst and cause damage to your home.
The good news is there are some warning signs you can look for that will help you recognize that your furnace is in need of repairs.
When you need furnace repairs, contact Top Notch Heating, Cooling & Plumbing for a fast response from one of our expert heating repair technician who can diagnose and fix your heating problem the first time.
Signs You May Need Furnace Repair
If you notice any of these things happening with your furnace system it may be time to call for furnace repair before you end up with a heating emergency.
- Odd Sounds – If you hear odd sounds such as banging, clanging or popping your furnace may have loose parts or there may be some issues with your ductwork. If you notice any strange sounds, your system may need repairs.
- Hot Spots – Hot spots or uneven heating is a sign that your furnace is not working right. If you walk into one room and it’s terribly hot then notice other rooms are freezing cold, have an expert check your system.
- Increasing Energy Costs – If your energy bills have skyrocketed all of a sudden, this is a signal that your system is not working efficiently, this could be due to many factors.
- Yellow Pilot Light – A yellow pilot light can be a good sign that your gas furnace needs some help. If you notice a yellow pilot light contact a furnace repair specialist.
- Strange Smells – If you smell a burning smell, mildew smell, or gas smell coming from your vents this is a sure sign that something is going wrong within your furnace. If you do smell gas, it is a good idea to leave your home straight away and call an expert.
- Uncomfortable Home – If you can’t get your home warm, no matter how high you turn your thermostat up, something is not working right within your furnace. If this is happening you are wasting a lot of money trying to get your home warm.
If your furnace is showing any of these signs it is a good idea to have an expert out to your home. Putting this off could result in higher energy costs, safety issues, and even damage to your home.
Furnace Repair from a Professional HVAC Company in Kansas City
When it comes to furnace repairs, you want to make sure it’s done correctly and professionally the first time—you don’t want to have to call the HVAC contractor back to fix it again because he or she made a mistake! At Top Notch Heating, Cooling & Plumbing, our furnace repair experts take great pride in their maintenance and repair work. That means that you’ll get quality service that you can count on to continually and effectively heat your Kansas City area home all season.
Contact Top Notch today for quick and reliable furnace repair in the Kansas City area!