Top-Rated Furnace Maintenance in Kansas City
Why get furnace maintenance in Kansas City?
On average, residential furnaces run 1,200 hours a year! Over time, that puts a lot of stress on your system. That’s where having an annual furnace maintenance check comes in. If you’ve ever been stuck in a freezing house with a broken furnace, then you know just how important it is to keep your furnace running in peak condition! With a scheduled plan in place, you can rest easy at night knowing your Kansas City furnace and heating system will always be running its best!
To schedule your heating tune-up in Kansas City, call Top Notch today at 913-535-8002! You will learn what a professional inspection entails and the many benefits of making a furnace inspection an annual priority.
Furnace Maintenance & Inspections
You can perform small heating maintenance tasks yourself throughout the heating season—such as changing the filter and keeping air registers clean and unobstructed. However, for most preventative maintenance, you need a professional with special training and years of experience. Our certified technicians at Top Notch Heating Cooling & Plumbing will:
- Check your thermostat: Most homeowners think their thermostat is a simple piece of equipment, but without the thermostat, your furnace would not operate. The technician verifies proper calibration and makes sure all connections are working properly.
- Inspect electrical terminals: If needed, the technician tightens connections and adds a nonconductive coating.
- Check the condensate drain: If you have a high-efficiency condensing furnace, it generates condensate, which drains into a pan and out through a pipe. Algae or mildew can block the drain and cause the pan to overflow, potentially causing water damage. Your Top Notch technician will check for blockages and clear them if needed.
- Verify proper system operation: The start and shutoff cycles should occur in a particular way, and if anything is out of sorts, your technician will make corrections for safe and proper operation.
- Clean the blower: This will help to remove dust and dirt that tends to get stuck on the blower and mess up its cycle. You will want a clean blower to ensure proper airflow.
- Inspect the heat exchanger and burner combustion: A cracked heat exchanger could leak carbon monoxide into your home which can cause health problems and even death.
- Check gas pressure and fuel connections: To prevent a fire hazard, the technician checks these areas to ensure tight fuel connections and appropriate gas pressure.
Benefits of Annual Furnace Maintenance in Kansas City, Overland Park & The KC Metro
Furnace maintenance is just as important as vehicular maintenance and tune-ups. You wouldn’t drive your car for years without an oil change and you should treat your HVAC system the same. Consider what a difference it can make to have a well-maintained furnace heating your Kansas City Metro or Johnson County home:
- Lower energy costs: Heating costs make up about half of your utility bill in the winter. By keeping things clean and in good working condition, the furnace consumes less energy while producing the same amount of heat, lowering your bills without decreasing comfort.
- Smaller environmental impact: In addition to money savings, using less energy is also good for our environment. Any time you cut back on the amount of fuel you consume, you decrease greenhouse gas emissions and help secure a cleaner Earth for future generations.
- Extended equipment life: If your furnace is regularly maintained, it will last longer than average heating systems and even help to save you money over time.
- Fewer midseason breakdowns: When your furnace is inspected and maintained regularly, our technicians can spot smaller problems before they become larger, more expensive problems like a complete breakdown.
- Safer operation: Combustion appliances have inherent dangers to them, such as gas leaks and carbon monoxide exposure. Regular preventative maintenance puts your mind at ease knowing your heating system passes inspection.
Schedule Your Furnace Maintenance Check Today with Top Notch!
To enjoy the many benefits of furnace maintenance, make sure you schedule your inspection and tune-up at least once a year. For even more benefits, such as free Kansas City furnace repairs, discounts, and routine inspections, sign up for one of our VIP maintenance agreement plans!