Electrical Repair in Kansas City, MO & Lenexa, KS
If you notice electrical problems in your Kansas City area home, don’t ignore them. Some electrical issues can seem like a minor inconvenience, but if you neglect them for too long you run the risk of serious injury and property damage from an electrical fire. When you encounter a problem with your electrical system, the professional electricians at Top Notch Heating, Cooling & Plumbing are ready to diagnose and repair the problem immediately.
Don’t let a small electrical annoyance turn into a fire hazard. Contact the electricians at Top Notch for electrical repair services.
Typical Home Electrical Problems
Electrical issues can be caused by incorrect wiring installation, use of inferior materials, advanced system age, water or rodent damage, and much more. These common occurrences can cause the following problems in your home:
- Recurrent power surges – A power surge is normal during a storm, but if you experience this problem on a regular basis, there could be a more serious reason for the problem. Improper wiring can cause power surges, and continual surges can cause damage to appliances and electronics.
- Broken or faulty light switches – If you have light switches that aren’t connected to anything, call the electricians of Top Notch to check for damaged wiring or other problems behind the switch plate.
- Repeated circuit tripping – A circuit will trip if too many appliances are plugged into the same breaker. This prevents damage to appliances, wiring, and prevents fires. If your circuits are tripped repeatedly, a Top Notch electrician can install dedicated circuits for large appliances or make other changes to fix this problem.
- Electric shocks – If you experience an electrical shock when plugging in an appliance or flipping a switch, call Top Notch for immediate repairs.
- Frequent light bulb replacement – If your light bulbs burn out too quickly, there could be a problem with the fixture such as faulty wiring, crowded insulation, or an inadequate circuit connection.
- Recessed lighting turns off – Wiring for recessed lighting is designed to disable the connection if the bulbs burn too hot and resume when the bulbs cool. Using the wrong bulb wattage or crowded insulation could cause this problem.
- Increased energy bills – Faulty or incorrectly installed wiring could be the cause of sudden, increased energy usage. A Top Notch electrician can troubleshoot the issue and repair any defective wiring or other source of electrical problems.
Home electrical problems are not a DIY project. Trained electricians are required to repair these issues not only to restore regular electrical service, but also to protect you from personal injury and devastating home fire risks. Other reasons to immediately call Top Notch include:
- Lights continuously flicker
- Outlets are hot to the touch or make buzzing sounds
- Frayed wiring
- You smell a burning odor from fixtures or outlets
- Lights are overly dim or appliances are not performing normally
Do you have electrical problems in your Kansas City home? Call Top Notch today.
Make Top Notch Your First Choice for Home Electrical Repairs
Heed the warning signs of electrical problems by calling the professional electricians of Top Notch. We’ll troubleshoot and repair home electrical problems before they get out of hand. Our electricians have the expertise to diagnose and repair all kinds of electrical problems from outlets, switch plates, breaker boxes, and much more. We’ll give you peace of mind knowing the electrical system in your home is up to code, efficient, and safe.
Do you need electrical repair services in your Kansas City home? Call Top Notch for a repair appointment today.
Tell Us How We Can Help Schedule Service Today!
Check Out Our Special
Offers & Coupons