INTERACTIVE INFOGRAPHIC: Where Heat Escapes in Your Kansas City Home
Even if you have the best furnace or heating system in Kansas City, it won’t matter if all that heat it creates escapes your home. Below are the top places heat escapes your home. Click on the image below to be taken to the interactive infographic! When you hover over each circle, you’ll find out where your heat is escaping.
House Still Cold? Your Heat Might Be Escaping Through Ducts or Poor Furnace Installation
Where does heat escape your home? Below are the top culprits.
- Attic access. Poorly insulated or sealed attics account for a considerable amount of heat loss in your home.
- HVAC ducts. Leaky or poorly installed ducts allow your heated air to escape through tiny cracks.
- Plumbing holes. Access holes where pipes and drains are run can often be too large, allowing warm air to escape your home.
- Ceilings. Cracks in a home’s ceiling can allow a lot of hot air, which naturally rises, out of your home.
- Home flooring and walls. Flooring and walls that are improperly insulated, aged, damaged, or were improperly installed can lose considerable heat.
- Windows. Gaps around windows or seals that are worn out can allow heated air to escape. .
- Doors. Gaps underneath the doorway and damaged or old doors will lose you a lot of heating.
- Outdoor fans and vents. Attic fans and home ventilation that is not carefully installed accounts for considerable heat loss.
- Chimneys. A flue or chimney that doesn’t have correct air pull will allow heat to easily escape.
- Outlets and switches. Though small, you have many outlets in your home, and each one represents some heat loss that adds up.
Tell Us How We Can Help Schedule Service Today!
Check Out Our Special
Offers & Coupons
Manufacturers We Carry