Is Your HVAC System Ready for Cooling Season?
Are you planning on waiting until it gets warm and just switching your air conditioning unit on? That’s what most people do, but what happens when you turn on your AC system on the first hot day of the year and it doesn’t work?
The best way to be sure your air conditioner will work when you need it is to inspect it before it gets warm so that it’s ready to go when the first heat wave hits!
What to Check Before You Turn on Your AC System
- Ductwork: If there is exposed ductwork anywhere in your home, check it for signs of damage or wear. If you notice anything, call an HVAC technician who can determine the best solution.
- Thermostat: Did you have any problems with your thermostat last cooling season? Is it outdated? If so, it might be time to install a new programmable option that helps save you money on your energy bills.
- Air filter: Your air filter should be changed at the start of the heating or cooling season.
- Vents: Are your vents being blocked by window coverings, furniture, or dust? Make sure to clear any obstructions away from your vents before turning the AC on.
- Outdoor wiring: If you notice any signs of damage to the wiring on your AC unit, call Top Notch immediately!
- Actual unit: Check that nothing is blocking the area around your condenser unit and that the refrigerant lines are well-insulated. If there seems to be a problem or you don’t know where these parts are located, call a service technician from Top Notch Heating, Cooling & Plumbing!
Not Sure If Your AC System Is Ready for Cooling Season?
If you’re not confident in your ability to detect issues or inefficiencies in your AC system, schedule a maintenance appointment with Top Notch. You can make a one-time appointment or sign up for one of our VIP Maintenance Agreements, where we come to your home and perform preventative maintenance on your HVAC system twice per year. Additional benefits include priority for emergency repair calls and discounts on parts, labor, and equipment. Experienced HVAC technicians are more likely than the average homeowner to be able to spot minor issues before the turn into major problems, so you’re better off letting the Top Notch team take a look!
Benefits of Professional AC Maintenance
Regular maintenance is the best way to keep your air conditioner running efficiently for years to come. The benefits of semi-annual HVAC maintenance include:
- Reduced energy costs due to better energy efficiency
- Increased cooling effectiveness
- Better air quality
- Reduced repair frequency and cost
- Extended air conditioner lifespan
To learn more about professional AC maintenance or to schedule an appointment, contact Top Notch today!
Tell Us How We Can Help Schedule Service Today!
Check Out Our Special
Offers & Coupons
Manufacturers We Carry