Are Air Conditioning Maintenance Plans Worth It?
The cooling system in your Kansas City home represents a big investment and has an important job: keeping you, your family and guests comfortable as you enjoy time together. So it’s natural to wonder if professional HVAC maintenance plans offer you value or could be a waste of money. To help you decide, let’s look at the benefits offered by quality cooling system plans.
Proper HVAC maintenance:
- Delays the need for AC replacement: Regular annual maintenance of your residential cooling system helps it last years longer, delaying the need for a new central AC in your home. Neglected systems typically have a much shorter useful life. A well-maintained cooling (and heating) system can last for 15 years or longer.
- Keeps energy bills low: Like that other big investment that plays a crucial role in your daily life–your car–home cooling systems won’t perform at peak level without regularly scheduled preventative maintenance. Just as your car’s gas mileage suffers without tune-ups, your home AC performance degrades without maintenance, and monthly energy bills rise.
- Ensures optimal operation: If your cooling system no longer works as it once did, lack of maintenance is often to blame. Proper, professional AC tune-ups keep you cool.
- Prevents inconvenient breakdowns and expensive major repairs: With regular maintenance, your service technician typically catches any worn parts or small problems so that your system remains completely dependable. Scheduled maintenance (with its on-time, economical minor fixes) often avoids any need for costly major repairs.
- Handles essential tasks homeowners cannot: Professional AC service is thorough (provided you choose a reputable, certified HVAC contractor that you trust). Your system components will be completely cleaned, refrigerant pressure checked, and much more.
- Protects your warranty: Most manufacturer warrantees for cooling systems require that they be professionally maintained.
What Top AC Maintenance Plans Offer
Our air conditioning maintenance service is comprehensive and we never cut corners. As a quality HVAC contractor, our goal is to ensure your system provides energy efficient AC operation, without compromising your home comfort.
During your annual AC checkup visit, our cooling specialist will:
- Clean, lube and adjust moving parts.
- Verify refrigerant level and examine system for leaks.
- Examine wear-and-tear parts including cooling system belts, fan, and motor.
- Examine electrical connections and tighten if necessary.
- Check household airflow.
- Clean/replace cooling system air filters.
- Test AC system for proper operation.
- Check on problems you may have noticed with your AC system (hot or cold spots in the house, strange noises, etc.), to determine if repairs are needed.
- And much more.
If your AC needs a health checkup before cooling season comes to KC, contact Top Notch Heating, Cooling & Plumbing today. We’ll help you choose the best maintenance plan for your system.
Tell Us How We Can Help Schedule Service Today!
Check Out Our Special
Offers & Coupons
Manufacturers We Carry