Can I Install Air Conditioning Without Ductwork?
Are you dreading enduring another hot and humid Kansas City summer in a home with an old air conditioner that’s hanging on by a thread? Do you live in an older home that’s outfitted with window units or has an outdated central air system in need of extensive ductwork repair? If so, a ductless air conditioning system may be the best solution for your home’s cooling needs.
What Is a Ductless Air Conditioning System?
A ductless air conditioner doesn’t rely on traditional ductwork to force cool air into your home. Also called a mini-split, it relies on a compact outdoor compressor unit that attaches to several strategically placed indoor coolers. Usually placed above doorways or near ceilings, mini-splits are individually operated, giving you control over when are where you direct cool air.
What Are the Benefits of Ductless Air Conditioning?
Ductless mini-splits offer many benefits to Kansas City area homeowners looking for an affordable, reliable air conditioning system. These benefits include:
- No more dirty ductwork. After years of pushing hot and cold air, all ductwork eventually becomes dirty. With decades of dirt, dust, pollen and other airborne particulate building up in the ducts, it’s only a matter of time before you’ll face costly cleaning and repairs. Additionally, the pollutants in your ductwork can adversely affect your health, especially if you have asthma or allergies.
- Quick & easy system installation. While installing a traditional central air conditioning unit requires days of labor to place an expensive maze of ductwork, mini-splits are quickly and easily installed in a matter of hours using electrical and refrigerant conduits. Because these conduits can be as long as 50 feet, you can put a mini-split in any room you choose.
- Better control. Central air conditioning is convenient, but sometimes you’ll notice uneven airflow in different areas of your home. The living room could be freezing while the bedrooms are uncomfortably warm. With a ductless system, you decide when and where cool air is needed. You can install mini-splits in the rooms you spend the most time in like bedrooms, kitchens and offices.
- Improved air quality. When areas in your home are too hot, there’s a good chance that humidity levels are too high. That means there’s poor air ventilation and even worse air quality. A mini-split system eliminates these problems by filtering harmful pollutants like pollen, mold and pet dander.
- Big savings on energy costs. Central air conditioning energy bills take a big bite out of your monthly budget. One of the main reasons is that leaky ductwork causes your air conditioner to work harder – wasting up to 30 percent of the energy you’re paying for. You won’t lose energy efficiency with mini-splits since no ductwork is needed to move air throughout your home.
Ductless Air Conditioning Installation in Kansas City
Are you interested in installing a ductless air conditioner in your Kansas City area home? Call the professionals of Top Notch Heating, Cooling & Plumbing today.
Tell Us How We Can Help Schedule Service Today!
Check Out Our Special
Offers & Coupons
Manufacturers We Carry